Tuesday 21 February 2012

Pancake Tuesday

Happy Pancake day Y'all. 
I saw this  Buckwheat and Banana Pancakes over at Whole Family Fare's blog. 
I really wanted to try it and conveniently I saw yesterday that today is Pancake Tuesday. 
How perfectly fitting. 
Now we couldn't find Buckwheat flour but my lovely mother in law helped me gather some Spelt flour and grapeseed oil. 

I also tweaked it a bit by of course; wait for it, adding cinnamon. 
I also made the first batch with Barley flour instead of the Buckwheat but they weren't as nice as the second 
batch that I made with all Spelt Flour. 


Ps. How adorable is the packaging for the Vanilla Extract and Spelt flour? 
As lovely as it is though, I'm thinking when it runs out I want to make my own. 
Make my own you ask? Why yes head over to A Beautiful Mess and learn how.

                                 


I really liked the sliced bananas in the pancakes they were nice and cooked. They tasted extra good when I put a little almond butter across the top. I mean almond butter and cinnamon all in one bite. Perfect way to start the day 
I would also like to state  that no I did not eat all of these and also no I have not perfected making round pancakes. Hey who wants to be like everyone else? Not these guys. 

Maybe all that different flour palarva isn't really tickling your taste buds. 
How about this Chocolate Malt Pancake recipe or this Classic Buttermilk one over at Food Coma. 
Next I personally want to try Clean Eating Recipe's  Quinoa Pancakes.

What are your favourite Pancake recipes? 
How do you eat yours? 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Kaitlyn the only thing that could make it better would have been nutella. and maybe those quaker oat squares. lol

      Delete

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by She Sailed the Sea. Please leave your blog or website so I can stop by and show YOU some love. Let's be friends.