Sunday 26 February 2012

Banana muffins




So since I did that clean eating challenge from over at Sometimes Sweet I was reading all different blogs and articles on eating healthy. I've tried to start taking recipes I love and tweaking them to a more healthier standard. Here I give my banana muffins. 

I used to mash the bananas into the mix but after making these last week I thought I'd give cutting them up a go. 

I absolutely loved the chunks of bananas as you bite into the bread. You could always add crushed nuts into the mix as well we just didn't have any in the house. 

It should have been bread but I do not have a bread baking tin so muffins it was. 

1 cup spelt flour
1 cup barley bread flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup grape seed oil
1/2 cup agave nectar
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
 1 chopped banana

Preheat oven to 170 C degrees. Lightly grease your pan. Take all the dry ingredients and mix them. See all those wet ingredients? Let's put those in a separate bowl and mix them together.  Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry.  Now add the chopped bananas into the mix without over mixing. Pour into  pan and bake at 170 degrees for 25 minutes. Do always have a peak in the oven due to different oven fans etc. 

As you can see above Luna wanted a taste. How about yourself? 
Tell me if you try it and how they turned out :) 

2 comments:

  1. I made banana muffins a little while ago (or should I say I attempted to bake them!), they certainly didn't look as good as yours...might have to give your recipe a go! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) let me know what you think if you do. I'm sure yours were lovely. Hey they don't have to look good as long as they taste good going down :) xx

      Delete

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by She Sailed the Sea. Please leave your blog or website so I can stop by and show YOU some love. Let's be friends.