Tuesday 17 April 2012

Smoothies

I used to make smoothies all the time,  smoothies with loads of ice cream, yoghurt, fruit juice and then add fruit on top of that. Thinking this was healthy when in fact the amount of sugar going into such a smoothie was in fact the opposite. 

So I guess you could say I've steered clear of smoothies for a few years. So I thought I would give it a bash. 
I used one grapefruit, one banana, a tsp of ginger, 1/4 cup of total non fat greek yoghurt, and added some ice to make it a bit thicker. 
This actually made more than enough and had some left over. Now I must say though if you don't like Grapefruit, you won't like this. The grapefruit does empower most of the flavour but I like it. 
I do want to sometime maybe putting homemade peanut butter in the mix for a more indulgent treat, but for now this little pick me up will just stay sans peanut butter. I also want to give somehow putting some white tea in the mix or earl grey. I think that would add lovely flavours.


Do you have any Healthy Smoothie ideas? I'm dying to try more. I've heard of different Green Smoothies. What do they entail? Share share share!!!

1 comment:

  1. uhm yum! thanks for sharing! :)
    xx

    bitterblondblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by She Sailed the Sea. Please leave your blog or website so I can stop by and show YOU some love. Let's be friends.