Wednesday 18 April 2012

carrot and parsnip soup


Got to love some soup. Something nice and light when your hungry but not hungry enough for a big meal. It's nothing too fancy but thought I'd still share.

Now this only makes two portions but You could always just add and adjust to however many your feeding or even if you wanted to make a weeks worth to take to work or something?

Carrot and Parsnip Soup

5 Carrots ( Peeled and chopped)
2 Parsnips( Peeled and chopped)
1 organic vegetable stock cube
pinch of oregano
pink of sea salt
Non-fat Greek Yoghurt


I just chopped and peeled the Carrots and Parsnips and set them in a pot to boil. I splashed in the oregano and sea salt and then put the stock cube in the mix. Once the vegetables were soft I gave them a wizz in the blender. I didnt blend too long because I like it a bit chunky and not too runny. 

Then once I put it in my pot I added a few spinach leaves and a dollop of non fat greek yoghurt for some extra creaminess.

I really want to start making more soups for work. If you have any good soup recipes shoot them my way :)

Hope yall are having a nice day! 

1 comment:

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by She Sailed the Sea. Please leave your blog or website so I can stop by and show YOU some love. Let's be friends.