Sunday 15 April 2012

French toast



Woah Man. I forgot about French Toast there for a minute. Then for some reason today as I was organising the cabinets I realised that the bread was on it's last day. 

Bing a little light in my head ticked. 

French toast. Now I've never actually made French Toast but I've always heard how to make it and also just kind of thought I'd try what I thought and then if it doesn't work try and consult this little thing I like to call Google. Fortunately, google wasn't needed. 

What was needed:(this was made for one person so I would double if you were making for more than two because there was some left over with mine)
Not so fresh bread ( I used 1 1/2 slice)
1/4 cup Hazelnut Milk
1 tblsp cinnamon
1tblsp nutmeg
1 egg

Whisk together the above; excluding the bread, and once whisked dip the bread in both sides. 
Heat a pan. Now this step you could probably use butter, oil or whatever you use to cook/fry with. I just used that oil spray. I even though this isn't super HEALTHY I wanted to try and cut corners the most I could without loosing the tastiness of French Toast. Plus if you soak your bread enough it doesn't really need much added to cook in.

Once pan is hot I just dropped the bread in constantly turning sides not letting it burn or really get to crispy. (You can always keep it in longer if you wanted it crispier((is that a word?.. is now..))

Then your done. 


I ate mine with some fresh berries. But the options really are endless. 
Powdered Sugar, maple syrup, peanut butter, butter, bananas the list goes on and on. 


How do you have your French Toast? 

6 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I can't wait to try out your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. it was very delish. I actually kind of want some for dinner too :p

      Delete
  2. They look soooo good! You are a good cook Miss! We had french toast for the first time in London a month or so ago, it was delish!! We are heading back there tomorrow for lunch, as we are off to see Emeli Sande...can't wait! Keep the recipes coming...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When yall come to visit I will make these for breakfast. I bet some marmite might even go down a treat on them! Much loves darling.

      Delete
  3. Hi sweet lady! I found your blog via Sometimes Sweet and am SO GLAD that I did! I'm your newest follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello there! Thanks ever so much for your kind words :) I've started following yours as well! Look forward to a future blog friendship. xox

      Delete

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by She Sailed the Sea. Please leave your blog or website so I can stop by and show YOU some love. Let's be friends.