Friday 12 October 2012

I'm a Sweet Tooth; Chocolate Chip Banana Pumpkin Bread

Well, I haven't been able to find pumpkin ANYWHERE. Not like an actual pumpkin but canned pumpkin you know the kind to make, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin risotto, pumpkin quinoa, baked pumpkin oatmeal you know the list goes on and on of things I want to be trying to bake and cook for you right now. I broke down and bought a can off Amazon. It was £2 and shipping was £8. Yes I was that desperate. 

It's freaking fall people. What is fall without pumpkin? 
Clearly here fall is still fall. Not in my book though. 
Anyways so last week after putting the pumpkin in the cupboard to maybe save it for a rainy day. 
That lasted about half a day and I gave in and started baking. 
Hey England can play in your favour. Thank you rain. :) Now go away.

Moving on. So I wanted to make something comforting but not cake or cookies. 
So what we have here is my mothers banana bread recipe altered a little bit. 
What you'll need:

2 cups spelt flour
4 tbsp semolina
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate soda)
1 to 2 ripe bananas (chopped)
1/3 cup margarine
1/3 cup pumpkin
2 eggs
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/3 cup chocolate chip morsels (gotta satisfy my husbands chocolate cravings)
Handful of walnuts
1 tbsp Chai Latte Spice 
(England you can buy in Tesco here or in the states I buy this )


Mix the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the pumpkin. Add one egg in at a time. Mix the dry ingredients together. Let wet and dry meet. Spray a baking pan I used a rectangular loaf pan. 
After putting the mix in I kind of shook it and let it hit the counter to get all the air sockets out of it. 
Placed it in the oven and 45 minutes later we have Chocolate Chip Banana Pumpkin bread that lasted no longer than a day and a half. 

I apologise for the lack of images and quality of the ones I have. This is what happens when you get home and its basically already dark. 

Oh yeah and I just remembered I sprinkled a little brown demera sugar on the top mid bake just for a bit of a crumbly top.

Enjoy! 



1 comment:


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by She Sailed the Sea. Please leave your blog or website so I can stop by and show YOU some love. Let's be friends.