Thursday 15 March 2012

Carrot, Sweet Potato and Banana Cupcakes



Carrots, Sweet Potato and Banana? You're probably thinking I'm bonkers. Trust me on this one though. The moistness from the banana and sweet potato and sweetness from the carrot. YUM. 

So I peeled and cut the s. potato into cubes and steamed until soft. I shredded the carrot pieces with a peeler and then cut them to even smaller pieces. I mashed the banana. 

I put the B. Flour with all the other dry ingredients and then in a separate bowl whisked the egg white with the wet ingredients. It will become thick and that's when you know to combine the wet and dry ingredients. 

I pre-heated the oven to 170 C and filled the cupcake tray 2/3 full. I also made some mini ones in my mini cupcake tray. Keep an eye on them until they brown. When you pull them out you might think they aren't done because they are super soft but it's just the moistness from banana and s.potatoe. Let cool. 

While cooling I made the same icing as from this post. The taste of the coffee with everything just was the perfect combination. After David tasted it and thought they were so delicious he couldn't believe what was in it. Vegetables in your cupcakes. Now I know that I really try to bake without sugar but I don't know if there are many things better than icing like this. I just love it. Plus since I didn't really use actual sugar for the main course I thought we could cheat a little right? Well I did anyway if you know of any icing recipes that are just as good please let me know. 

Seriously. Try them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by She Sailed the Sea. Please leave your blog or website so I can stop by and show YOU some love. Let's be friends.