Sunday 30 September 2012

I'm a Sweet Tooth; Marshmallow Blondies


We were invited to go and hang out with Paul and Gemma (brother and sister in law) last night and I had agreed to bring something sweet for afters. 
Well the thing is Paul doesn't like nuts, or coffee flavoured things so I was in a bit of a pickle because well we all know most everything I bake or cook either has some sort of nut butter or nuts in it. 
I was excited though because it meant to make something a wee bit differently. 
I just don't know what you'd categorise these as. They are almost cake like but soft like a brownie at the same time. 

I wanted to do something non chocolatey. Even though this has some cocoa powder in it, you can hardly taste that it's very chocolatey. I would have loved to make this pumpkiney but if you are on my Facebook you'll know I'm on the wonderful journey to find some. So therefore to make this recipe a bit Fall like I added a bag of Spiced Chai. 

You will need:
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup oats
6 tbsp of butter (or replace with flax seed and water, I did half and half)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup and some extra for drizzling
1/4 cup raisins
1 1/2 tsp pure cocoa powder
3 eggs
1 1/2 tbsp Baking powder
5 large sized marshmallows (we still have some from when I brought them back from America. Using sparingly until mom sends some more (hint hint))
1 Spiced Chai Tea bag (tear the bag open and place in flour mix)
Pre-heat the oven to 170 C
Mix the butter, flax and brown sugar until a smooth creamy texture. Add the maple syrup. Whisk the eggs together and then add into the mixture. Add in the flour, baking powder, Chai,  and cocoa powder. 
Once all mixed add in the raisins. 
Once all mixed together add into your pan and spread out evenly. I then halved the marshmallows and placed them randomly in the top of the mix and placed in the oven. Put the timer on for 20 and stepped away for about 10 and came back and swirled the melted marshmallow around the mixture so that it spread through out the mix. 
Beep beep twenty minutes is up and you have this marvellous wonder out of your oven and ready to eat. Well after you drizzle a small amount of maple syrup across the top. 
Now, I'm not speaking from experience or anything but right when they come out the oven is basically like melt in your mouth ooey gooey chewy OH MY GOD can I eat the whole thing goodness. 
Not that I would know. Ok maybe I had one piece or even two. I may have even licked the bowl. Well I mean I used a spatula to get the remnants out of the bowl so that makes it totally acceptable. Don't judge me. I know you do it too. It's the admitting you have a problem thats the non acceptable part ;). 
Let me know what you think!!! 





Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thanks so much for stopping by She Sailed the Sea. Please leave your blog or website so I can stop by and show YOU some love. Let's be friends.